Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's December

Dear Nanay,

I got your christmas box yesterday which was perfect timing. The cinnimon pinecones have made our room smell 200x's better than it did before. You can even smell it down the hallway, but no one complains. My District has named my room "The Christmas Room." Last night everyone came into our room around 10 and we read the first Christmas mission story from that book you sent. We plan on doing that everynight until Christmas. Everyone loves the lights and mini tree as well--especially the train that goes around it! Thanks so much. It made me happy. The almonds you sent are amazing as well, so good job on picking those!

The language is definetly coming along a lot better than it was before. Things are making more sence now that we have some basics under our feet. You asked me about Elder Hubble in one of your letters. I didn't see him all the time since he wasn't in our branch, but we did talk on and off. Everyone loved having him around. He knows how to lighten the mood and has a good sense of humor. He left on Tuesday and left beind some stuff for me and the other Elders. I got a few packages of gum and poprocks, which was great. We did get new Elders on Wednesday for our zone, but none of them moved into our room. It's just me and my kasama for now. It's interesting seeing the new eleders adjust and realizing that I was them only 24 days ago! A lot has changed since then. They have a lot of questions, and it's fun to help them out.

Unfortunatley, no I won't be able to call on Christmas. At least, they haven't told us otherwise. It's good to know that I'll be able to call you soon after though. I like the idea of a disposable phone, so if it'll work, go ahead and do that! Whatever I don't answer in this e-mail, I will try to answer in a letter today. I've written back Hunter, Jamie, Dad, and Grandma so let them know that I'll send that out today. It's hard to reply to your email in a new body because I forget what was said.

I heard about those crazy winds yesterday from the guy we have to report to for service!! Sounds so crazy. I'm glad to hear it didn't affect anything at home. I'm going to get off now, but I will try to write more later. I have a few more minutes so I can log on this afternoon. I don't know if I'll have time to write Logan back in an email so could you get me his address?? Thank you.

I can't think of much that I need right now. I do need some new waterproof shoelaces though because mine have frayed for some reason. I've thought of other things but I can't remember! I'm going to try to send my memory card home with this next letter so be looking out for that. I'll try to write a litte more later today.

Hope you have a great day, and everything is A-ok!

Mahal Kita,

Elder Garett Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment